Monday, September 12, 2011

Mid-Autumn Festival.

A bright shiny white sphere suspended in the dark sky, yes, it was the mid-autumn festival.
This festival is considered as one of the most celebrated events in many Chinese countries notably China.
I remember during the mid-autumn festival 2010, my wife and i were the only people besides a kid lifting a lantern, wandering at Gurney Drive as it was raining heavily.


Tonight, the weather was so fine and we were lifting exactly the same pattern of lantern like last year's at the same location.
However, i have already prepared a surprise gift for my lovely wife.
I pretended that i left my lighter inside the car and i eventually brought out a Rilakkuma inflatable lantern which is operated by two AA batteries.
The light source is only a small LED lamp and a loud monotune nursery rhyme plays as the power supply is connected.
Guess what? I was carrying this eye-catching lantern, walking from the beginning to the end of the drive.
My wife and i eventually spent two hours there, intoxicating ourselves with the warm environment, beautiful lanterns.










It was 11pm and we departed to Straits Quay just to check out the surrounding there.
Out of our expectations, it was pretty calm there.
We then called it a day as exhaustion started to take over.

0 _comments_:

Post a Comment