Saturday, June 12, 2010

Breaking Free.

Finally, our semester examination ended horribly.
I could hear that everyone is complaining, of course, including me.

Who cares, it is holiday now!
Well, this holiday could be a little bit different from the past ones.
My wife² and i decided to capitalise on this opportunity for our studies.
But of course, there are times to play, shopping and mainly, eating.

Hmm, although it is just the start of my holiday, but my tummy have grown bigger.
Jeez, it is the truth of live, you pay for what you get.
You eat more, you are 'unhealthier', in other words, you stand higher chance to be obese.


After the bad ones, there come the good ones.
Example, a rainbow, just like what i have snapped down with my phone.

Yesterday, my family and i welcomed my brother's return with a special meal.
We had our meal at an extraordinary coffee shop, as it is a 'swampside Kopitiam', located at the famous Tan Jetty.
Be careful with your steps when you are there.


Nice view from Tan Jetty.


The Kopitiam.


Its famous Siam Laksa. Tasted really good!


Deep-fried vegetables and mushrooms.


Fisk cakes.


Claypot Dang-Hun (in Hokkien).


One of the best Thai delicacies, Tom Yam.

I am just reviewing this coffee shop, not recommending it to you all.
This meal cost us 99 bucks, damn expensive!
If you insist to try, better fulfill your wallet before you do so.


Okay, i am starting my another chapter of my eating spree now.

Today, my wife² and i did some window shopping which we haven't done that for quite some time.
We felt so happy, looking around and of course, eating this and that.
Finally, we have done what we always wanted to do, that is try out the newly opened restaurant, Chicago Rib House, at Gurney Plaza.
Of course, fish was for my wife² and pork was for me.
Why i did not choose pork or beef ribs?
Dude, I am broke, but will definitely try them out next time.


'Cheese!'


I got myself armed with fork and knife!


My wife² with her bottomless cranberry juice.


Soup of the day, potato soup. Undiluted!




I totally forgotten its name, something like Swiss Pork Burger or whatever, recommended by the waitress.
The main point was on the pork.
It was well-grilled, crispy on the outside, soft in the inside.
Pricing at around 19 bucks, awesome!




Well, we cared about tastiness but not names.
This was grilled blackened catch or whatsoever.
I highly recommend this to you, heavenly good.
It is so much better than those in Manhattan Fish Market.
Pricing is reasonable, around 20 bucks.
Definitely worth for a try.


Finally, here came the dessert.
A flat, baked square of chocolate cookie, which had a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some hot chocolate toppings topped on it has been served.
Guess what? It cost 6.90 bucks, excluding taxes.
You can't get such a delicious and sweet brownie at this price at restaurants like this.
Thumbs up!


I'm in Love with Chicago Rib House!

0 _comments_:

Post a Comment